Monday 7 May 2012

A New Bedside Table for $1.50!

I bought this bedside table for 50 cents at the thrift store because I needed something as a catch all on my hubby's side of the bed!
I sanded it down and in the process found out that it's 40 years old which I though was pretty cool! I wanted it grey because our bedroom is pretty neutral except for some pillows, flowers and art work above the bed.
I got a tester of Martha Stewart grey from home depot on sale for 1 dollar. It covered 2 coats on this table with plenty left over. I then decided it was too plain. So I wanted to distress it. I just sanded down the corners, legs and top of the table. I think it looks pretty good and the distressing process wasn't nearly as complicated as other distressing processes I've read on the net! I'm pretty proud of my $1.50 table!! (I already had sand paper and paint brushes) My thrifty endtable!
I started sanding before I realized I should get a before picture lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment