Wednesday 9 May 2012

Redone kitchen chairs for the cost of staples!

So I got this table from my mom when I moved out and got married and she wanted a new one anyways. It was a dark wood with dark beige chair cushions. 2 and a half out of 4 cushions weren't attached to the frame properly and were obviously a safety hazard to my baby! :/
So something had to be done!
About a month earlier I had informed my grama that I wanted to change up my color scheme so she gave me a bunch of extra orange decor things she had and some paint!
I sanded down my chairs and painted them an ivory paint by Benjamin Moore. I got a staple gun from my mom and bought some staples for $4.00. I just stapled the new sturdy fabric over the old stained stuff and it was beautiful!
I also used some clear coat spray paint on the chairs so that they don't peel and are easy to wipe down as they are white lol.
I have yet to do my kitchen table so it's still brown. I wanted to leave it brown but my hubby spilled some heavy duty cleaner on the top and it's marked so it definitely needs to be redone!

No comments:

Post a Comment